While visiting Great Oak Manor you will enjoy exploring historic Chestertown and this beautiful eastern shore area. Chestertown is host to a variety of interesting locally owned shops, galleries, and museums. A well-stocked Farmers Market is held on High Street each Saturday morning.
Historic Downtown Chestertown
- Farmer’s Market – Saturday mornings from 8 a.m. to noon beginning about the third Saturday in March through the last Saturday in December. Located at Fountain Park in Chestertown.
- Kent County is home to several antique shops in Chestertown, Galena, Rock Hall, and Crumpton.
- Visit the museums and art galleries
- Take an audio tour of historic Washington College.
- Twigs and Teacups – Gifts, toys, cards, soaps, linens, apparel, amusements useful and useless.
- Bookplate – Used books, local and regional history, signed first editions, imported Mediterranean ceramics and tiles.
- Chester River Wine & Cheese Co – Wonderful selection of wines, cheeses, meats, and other great things for your kitchen.
- Houston’s Dockside Emporium – Has gifts, clothing, accessories, and more.
- Mimi’s Closet – Fine & fun ladies clothing.